My Life as a Mom

Feel free to contact me: shirleykeeldar@poetic.com

With 6 happy kids, life can be really fun around here! This blog is dedicated to the joys and sometimes chaos of having a large family. Okay, so it's always chaos around here, but fortunately, it's almost always fun, too!

Saturday, December 31, 2005

Santa brought an easel for my son, for Christmas. He's been experimenting with oils, acrylics, and watercolors since then. My mother is a wonderful artist, but I am not, and I have no experience with paints at all. So I had to do some research in order to give my son some basic understanding of things like - how to clean his brushes, how to remove paint stains from the floor in case of a spill, what type of paper to use, etc.

Here are some great art sites I found:

Scientology Training and the Arts

Artists for a Better World

Learn to Draw Caricatures

A Standard for the Use of Aesthetics

Celebrating the Role of the Artist in Society