My Life as a Mom

Feel free to contact me: shirleykeeldar@poetic.com

With 6 happy kids, life can be really fun around here! This blog is dedicated to the joys and sometimes chaos of having a large family. Okay, so it's always chaos around here, but fortunately, it's almost always fun, too!

Sunday, December 11, 2005

I just love this season. The other night we were at the store, and it was very late - very quiet. The snow was coming down gently but thick. And I was waiting for my husband to pull the car up to the store entrance, and a man was walking towards me from the parking lot. His boots were making this squish-squish-squish noise as he walked. Because the of the snowfall blanketing all other sounds, it created this awesome effect. Total silence except for this fellow's boots as he walked.

Living in a big city, and in a house full of active children, that's actually an odd sort of thing. It made me think of this song:

Still, Still, Still