My Life as a Mom

Feel free to contact me: shirleykeeldar@poetic.com

With 6 happy kids, life can be really fun around here! This blog is dedicated to the joys and sometimes chaos of having a large family. Okay, so it's always chaos around here, but fortunately, it's almost always fun, too!

Sunday, June 27, 2004

One of my children had a toothache last week, and we made an appointment for her with the dentist. It must be some sort of sympathic mother-thing, because since then, I have had a toothache flare up. So, now we're BOTH going to the dentist!

Some of the kids need to get braces -- it seems like there are so many options, and they're all so expensive! What's a mother with a bunch of kids to do when they need braces?

I recall my brother actually typing a string to a loose tooth to the handle of a door and slamming the door shut to pull the tooth out. It might have worked, too, if he hadn't tied it to the wrong tooth...

Boy, that's an old memory! I think I was 3 years old when this happened.

Fortunately, we do have dentists and won't have to resort to strings and doorknobs.