My Life as a Mom

Feel free to contact me: shirleykeeldar@poetic.com

With 6 happy kids, life can be really fun around here! This blog is dedicated to the joys and sometimes chaos of having a large family. Okay, so it's always chaos around here, but fortunately, it's almost always fun, too!

Thursday, October 23, 2003

What is it about Harry Potter that lends itself to trivia contests by child genuises?

Last night my 12-year-old son was talking with another boy he'd just met. They spent an hour asking things like, "How many points do you get for throwing a book through Moaning Myrtle's stomach?" (Moaning Myrtle is a ghost in the story.)

Now, I read those books three times, and I didn't remember half the situations they were discussing, and I knew almost none of the answers!

I've seen my son have these kinds of trivia challenges about Harry Potter with a number of kids. I never cease to be amazed by the recall of minor details from the story.

It's really fun to watch, even though I can't quite understand it!