My Life as a Mom

Feel free to contact me: shirleykeeldar@poetic.com

With 6 happy kids, life can be really fun around here! This blog is dedicated to the joys and sometimes chaos of having a large family. Okay, so it's always chaos around here, but fortunately, it's almost always fun, too!

Monday, October 20, 2003

The kids have outgrown most of their Halloween costumes, and I'm not in the mood to sew 6 different costumes this year...

So we're planning a trip to the Salvation Army, where we'll pick up odds and ends. Maybe a few "fancy" dresses and some gypsy clothing. One kid wants to be an Indian (he's already part Indian, but he wants to look it), and another is interested in being Sleeping Beauty's Prince!! (pretty creative, I think.)

We have a big box of "dress-up" stuff that we keep. I throw funny scarves and dressy gloves and strange things that get passed down to us from friends. The kids love the dress-up box.

Families with lots of kids tend to get lots of hand-me-downs from friends. I guess when people are giving away clothes Johnny or Jennifer have outgrown, the first family they think of is the one with "all those kids!" It's really nice.

Anyway, we always end up with something that we can't really use - like a bright orange belt. Or purple cowboy boots. Or a purple and green scarf. These are great in the dress-up box!

I found a great link about creativity - L. Ron Hubbard and the Arts