My Life as a Mom

Feel free to contact me: shirleykeeldar@poetic.com

With 6 happy kids, life can be really fun around here! This blog is dedicated to the joys and sometimes chaos of having a large family. Okay, so it's always chaos around here, but fortunately, it's almost always fun, too!

Wednesday, December 03, 2003

Keeping a blog is actually quite nice - I have a few minutes where it's just me, and I get to put down my thoughts. Moms with lots of young kids at home know how important a little quiet time is. My kids are generally very cooperative when I need a few minutes, so that is nice, too.

In the old days, women used to write lots and lots of long, long letters. Now we ship off quick emails. It's certainly changed a great deal. It's been an awfully long time since I've written a letter by hand and mailed it. Blogs are nice in that they allow us practice in writing.

I'm encouraging my older children to keep blog. They feel they don't have much to say - which is one reason why I think they should start. I think when people keep journals it helps them learn how to easily put their thoughts on paper. Some introspection can be good, and I think the kids will start to realize how interesting their lives really are!

Here are some blogs I've come across that you might enjoy:

I Like to Help

My Scientology Friends

Wiskid

Alpen Fun

Helping Kids