My Life as a Mom

Feel free to contact me: shirleykeeldar@poetic.com

With 6 happy kids, life can be really fun around here! This blog is dedicated to the joys and sometimes chaos of having a large family. Okay, so it's always chaos around here, but fortunately, it's almost always fun, too!

Monday, November 24, 2003

A simple, fun Christmas activity is painting ornaments. We get cute, unpainted plaster ornaments from the fabric or crafts store. I find Joanne Fabrics always has really great sales on these kinds of items. The kids love painting them. It's simple, and kids of all ages can do this. Then I have some really great keepsakes, and the kids have contributed to the Christmas tree.

Even the angels that are painted all brown, or the Santas that are all green with yellow splotches are great, because they remind me of my kids when they're really little, and everything they make is special.

You can find these for as little as 30 cents a piece - so it's a really inexpensive project.