My Life as a Mom

Feel free to contact me: shirleykeeldar@poetic.com

With 6 happy kids, life can be really fun around here! This blog is dedicated to the joys and sometimes chaos of having a large family. Okay, so it's always chaos around here, but fortunately, it's almost always fun, too!

Friday, May 06, 2005

I find I am continually "remembering" things that worked with my kids before.

For instance, the "reward box" that we use from time to time works great. The kids get points for doing things that promote their survival (which includes the survival of the family). Such as washing the dishes, helping their little brother tie his shoes, learning how to do something. They get a point for each of these, and when they've accumulated so many points, they get a reward out of the reward box.

This can be a sheet of stickers, a fruit roll-up, a can of Kern's fruit juice, a little toy from the dollar store, a cool pen, or something like that.

Well, this drops out from time to time, then I remember how well it works and start using the box again!

We like to fill it with inexpensive stuff from Oriental Trading.

Other good Parenting Advice can be viewed there.