My Life as a Mom

Feel free to contact me: shirleykeeldar@poetic.com

With 6 happy kids, life can be really fun around here! This blog is dedicated to the joys and sometimes chaos of having a large family. Okay, so it's always chaos around here, but fortunately, it's almost always fun, too!

Sunday, October 17, 2004

Well, we took a trip - just me and the kids. I've never done this before, so it was quite an adventure!

A week in the car, staying at hotels, driving through 8 states. We had a blast!

Our favorite town is Elk City, Oklahoma. What a great little town! My 8-year-old daughter kept saying, "Mom, let's move here."

We visited the Route 66 Historical Museum in that town, and it included the first wooden home built in the town - a tiny little house. There was a barn full of old barn equipment. I learned how straw brooms were made (broomcorn!) and we saw a great display of arrowheads there.

The beautiful little park next door is home to many geese (which we fed), and the downtown area is really pleasant - an old western town, still.

If you ever drive through Elk City, I'd suggest you plan to spend some time there.