My Life as a Mom

Feel free to contact me: shirleykeeldar@poetic.com

With 6 happy kids, life can be really fun around here! This blog is dedicated to the joys and sometimes chaos of having a large family. Okay, so it's always chaos around here, but fortunately, it's almost always fun, too!

Tuesday, July 13, 2004

For any mothers out there with a houseful of young children, I'd like to say this:

It gets easier.

When mom is young and lots of young kids in tow, and a pregnant belly, mom can get some nasty comments. It happened to me. It's happened to just about every mother of a large family that I've been priveleged to know. I think it has to do with how much work it LOOKS like to others. And being pregnant -- well, for some reason, that seems to upset some people.

It's very disheartening to get negative comments about the size of one's family.

But I just want to say that as your kids grow older, that will go away.

Nowadays we just get admiration. I think that's true for other families, as well!