My Life as a Mom

Feel free to contact me: shirleykeeldar@poetic.com

With 6 happy kids, life can be really fun around here! This blog is dedicated to the joys and sometimes chaos of having a large family. Okay, so it's always chaos around here, but fortunately, it's almost always fun, too!

Tuesday, April 20, 2004

I found another great place to get needed things cheaply! Since I have a rather large family (8 of us), any time I find a good discount store is a real happy moment for me!

Last week I bought a box of 64 crayons for $2, a box of 24 colored pencils for $1, coloring books for $1, decks of cards for $1.

They have great prices on food, even!

It's the Family Dollar store.

Now I've added this store to Costco and Walmart on my weekly shopping trips.

-----------------------------
-----------------------------

On another topic...

I had the funniest conversation with my 4 year old son the other day.

He asked me, "Does God live in the clouds?"

I said, "Well, no, God doesn't "live" anywhere. God doesn't have a body. God is not a man or a woman, but God created men and women. God created everything. God is part of you and you are part of God."

My little boy thought about this for a minute, then shook his head. "No. We're not part God. We're part Indian."


In our religion (Scientology), we are not told what to think about God. There isn't dogma about the nature of God - but it is part of our religion that the creator - God - does exist. As one receives more Scientology auditing, one will discover for himself what God is all about. It's not something that is "told" to us.

This is why there are Scientologists from all religions - Christians, Jews, Hindus, Buddhists, Wiccans... and my own personal beliefs about God may not be like any other Scientologists.

There is an interesting description of Scientology beliefs at Beliefnet

It's not totally correct. In fact, the data on that page about homosexuality is completely wrong.

Here is another good link:

Scientology