My Life as a Mom

Feel free to contact me: shirleykeeldar@poetic.com

With 6 happy kids, life can be really fun around here! This blog is dedicated to the joys and sometimes chaos of having a large family. Okay, so it's always chaos around here, but fortunately, it's almost always fun, too!

Wednesday, May 10, 2006

L. Ron Hubbard



My kids visited the L. Ron Hubbard museum the other day - I continue to be amazed at everything this one man accomplished. He was an expert aviator (a barnstormer!) He was the youngest Eagle Scout - I think he was just 14 when he attained that status. He was a prolific writer, beginning with adventure stories in the old pulps, and writing westerns and science fiction as well. L. Ron Hubbard served in the Navy, he was licensed to captain any vessel in any ocean. And he developed Dianetics and Scientology as well.

You can read about L. Ron Hubbard - Adventurer. There is an entire magazine devoted to Hubbard's adventures.

Also, if you want to visit L. Ron Hubbard Life Exhibition, you can take a look at what Yahoo travel has to say about it. And My Travel Guide also has some info about L. Ron Hubbard's Life Exhibition on their pages as well.